Preparing for your job interview in advance will help you feel more confident on the day.
- Write down all the important information
- When agreeing to a job interview, write down the date, time and location. Ask for the name and phone number of the contact person.
- Plan, research and practise!
- Plan ahead what you will wear and how you'll get to the interview.
- Research the employer to understand their business and priorities.
- Practise your responses to possible interview questions.
- Stay calm
- Remember that everyone finds job interviews a bit stressful, so feeling nervous is normal.
- If you start feeling stressed, a couple of slow, deep breaths may help you calm down.
- At the end of the interview, ask about the next steps in the selection process.
- Check who you should follow up with about the outcome and how long it might take to make a decision.