Welcome to Job Jumpstart!
We are an Australian Government website created to assist you in your job search and help you build your employability skills.
We're not a jobs board and we can't find a job for you. Instead we want to help you take charge of your own employment journey and design a career pathway that's right for you.
How can Job Jumpstart help?
Job Jumpstart offers a range of support for young job seekers and workers and their parents, teachers and advisers. We have dozens of printable workbooks and tip sheets, recruitment insights from Australian employers, and information and links to Government resources.
We provide information and resources to help you:
- learn about the different ways to contact employers about jobs
- explore the jobs and industries that might suit you
- understand how to develop your skills and build your experience
- learn how to make your job application stand out to employers
- adjust to the workforce and understand your workplace rights and responsibilities.
For tips and suggestions on getting the most out of this site, view our article How to use this site.
Young Australians told us they want a single spot where they can access practical, independent and free employment planning advice from a trusted source.
We worked closely with a broad range of young people, undertaking targeted research and testing to develop this website.
But the launch of Job Jumpstart is just the beginning. We are committed to working with you to create a website that meets your job search and employment planning needs.
You career. Your future. Your website. Tell us how we can make it better.