How to be competitive for jobs (Part 3): You got this!
The Job Hunt. Seriously, we know it can sometimes feel like you’re getting more knockbacks than wins. But before it brings you down, here are three tips to help you out.
- Ask for feedback:
- Get some insight on things you could do better next time.
- Some employers may not want to provide feedback and that’s okay. But if you do get an employer who is willing to provide some tips, listen and learn from their advice.
- Always remember to thank them for their time.
- Set goals:
- Try setting some short term, medium and long term goals.
- For example - volunteering to learn new skills, writing a basic résumé or building networks with people in working in the field you want to work in.
- Ask for advice:
- Try your networks, friends, family members or community groups.
- You could try finding a mentor or expert to connect with.
- Check out our list of people who can help you in your job search at Who can help me with my job search?
You got this!
For more info on surviving your job search, check out our article - Three ways to stay positive during your jobsearch.