Welcome to Job Jumpstart, the Australian Government website supporting young people to take step-by-step employment planning action to build their employability skills and improve their job search activities.
So, firstly who we AREN’T:
- We're not a jobs board
- We're not trying to sell you anything
- And we can't give you all the answers.
So, what DO we offer?
In a nutshell, we want to help you take charge of your own employment journey and to design a career pathway that is right for you.
- information and resources to help you understand your strengths and work preferences so you can understand what jobs might suit you
- practical support for your job search, including tips to connect with employers, tailor your résumé and prepare for interviews
- ideas on how to build your workplace and communication skills through work experience to make you more competitive for the jobs you want
- tips on adjusting to the workforce and information on your workplace rights and responsibilities.
Navigating the website:
I’m a young person
By life stage
Try clicking on your individual life stage to access articles and resources filtered to suit your needs.
If these life stages don’t really reflect where you are at, you can view content via our three topic pages:
Looking for a job – if you need advice on practical things like where you should be looking for jobs, how to contact with employers, tailoring a résumé or preparing for interviews
Building a career – if you want general employment planning or networking advice or want to build up your work experience
At work – for those already working or about to start work and for need general support for adjusting to a workplace.
You can also use our =search function to search directly for your topic of choice.
I’m a parent, teacher or adviser
Help for advisers
You may wish to look at our Help for advisers section first to learn more about the site and what it can offer. Alternatively you can go straight to our Toolbox to access a range of printable fact sheets, tip-sheets and workbooks.
If you can’t find what you are looking for please contact us and we will point you in the right direction.
Tell us what you think!
We are always striving to improve our website and create a service that meets your needs so please provide any feedback, comments and ideas to us and we promise we’ll look into it.