Welcome to Job Jumpstart, we are an Australian Government website for young people aged 15 to 25.
We aim to empower you to take action on your employment planning. We also offer information to help you build your communication and workplace skills and improve your job search.
Who we AREN’T:
- We're not a jobs board
- We're not trying to sell you anything
- And we can't give you all the answers.
So, what DO we offer?
In a nutshell, we want to help you take charge of your own employment journey and design the right career pathway for you.
- information and resources to help you understand your strengths and work preferences so you can understand what jobs might suit you
- practical support for your job search, including tips to connect with employers, tailor your résumé and prepare for interviews
- ideas on building your workplace and communication skills through work experience to make you more competitive for jobs
- tips on adjusting to the workforce and information on your workplace rights and responsibilities.
Navigating the website:
I’m a young person
By life stage
Try clicking on your individual life stage to access articles and resources filtered to suit your needs.
If these life stages don’t really reflect where you are at, you can view content via our topic pages:
- Looking for a job – for advice on practical things like where you should be looking for jobs, how to contact with employers, tailoring a résumé or preparing for interviews
- Building a career – for general employment planning or networking advice and how to build up your work experience
- At work – for those already working or about to start work. Also for those who need general support for adjusting to a workplace.
You can also use our search function to search directly for your topic of choice.
I’m a parent, teacher or adviser
Help for advisers
Check out our Help for advisers section first to learn more about the site and what it can offer. Alternatively you can visit our Toolbox to access a range of printable fact sheets, tip-sheets and workbooks.
If you can’t find what you are looking for please contact us and we will point you in the right direction.
Tell us what you think!
We are always striving to improve our website and create a service that meets your needs. Please provide any feedback, comments and ideas to us and we promise we’ll look into it.