Preparing for your interview in advance will help you feel more confident on the day.
- Be ready for the employer’s call
- When agreeing to an interview, write down the date, time and location. Ask for the name and phone number of the contact person.
- Spend time preparing for interviews
- Plan ahead what you will wear and how you'll get to the interview.
- Research the employer to brush up on their business and priorities.
- Practice your responses to possible interview questions.
- Stay calm
- Remember that everyone finds interviews a bit awkward so feeling nervous is normal.
- If you start feeling stressed, a couple of slow, deep breaths may help you calm down.
- At the end of the interview, ask about the next steps in the selection process. Also check who you should follow up with about the outcome and how long it might take to make a decision.
More tips are available from our tip sheet ‘Job interview basics’.
These tools provide tips and hints to help you:
…Or you can browse Job Jumpstart for other ideas and suggestions of what to do next.